American Red Cross Course Offered June 2-4, 2017
For years, Victory Valley has trained lifeguards for other camps and community pools, as well as for service at Victory Valley Camp. Students who successfully complete the course will receive American Red Cross certification in lifeguarding, CPR, first aid, and AED. Certification is valid for 2 years.
Course enrollment is limited to just 12 students, so download a registration form and mail it in with your check today.
No CPR or First Aid certifications are needed prior to class. To receive your certification, you must pass physical and written tests.
Each participant must:
- Be at least 15 years old by June 4
- Swim 300 yards (combination of crawl and breaststroke)
- Submerge to a depth of 10 feet, pick up a 10 lb. weight and swim 25 yards
- Tread water without using their hands for 2 minutes
- Complete a written test and practical life guarding skills scenarios
- Lifeguard Course with lodging and meals (Friday 9:00AM-Sunday 7:00PM) $285
Lodging will be in our camp cabins. Each cabin is a dormitory-style room, with a full bathroom. No private housing is availabe. Bring your own linens, towels, soap, shampoo, flip-flops, etc.
What to Bring:
Usual camp stuff - sleeping bag or sheets, pillow, toiletries, towels, swimsuit, goggles (optional), casual clothes. It is normally chilly in and/or out of the pool; please bring warm clothes to bundle up in.
All candidates are responsible for providing their own Lifeguard Manual. A copy may be purchased at redcross.org for approximately $35 dollars. A digital copy may be downloaded for free off their website.
Victory Valley Camp - 7472 Sigmund Road - Zionsville, PA 18092 [If using a GPS, please use 7352 Salem Bible Church Road, Zionsville, PA]